Questions to Ask Your Restoration Company
If a remodeling or damage restoration project is in your future, take the time to find the right person for the job. Here are 10 questions you can ask your potential contractor to make sure you are getting the quality and service you demand for your home in Denver, Colorado.
- How many years of remodeling and restoration experience do you have?
- How many remodeling and restoration jobs do you do each year? What are the different projects?
- Do you have referrals I can speak with? Do you have sites I can visit, or photographs of some of your jobs?
- Are you fully insured to cover worker’s compensation, property damage, and personal liability in case of an accident?
- Do you provide written estimates in detail? How long is the estimate good for?
- What are the terms of payment?
- When can you start working on the project? How long do you expect it to take?
- How much of the work is subcontracted out? How frequently do you work with these subcontractors?
- Will I have one point of contact throughout the job? How easily will it be for me to get a hold of my contact?
- How much of an impact will this job have on my home life during the reconstruction or restoration phase?